right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Ivy League Chances.

wealthchaserwealthchaser 1 replies2 discussions Harvard Champion
Ethnicity/Race: African American
SAT 2250 (math 800 reading 760 writing 690)
Math II 800, Physics 780, taking US History this year
ACT 32
GPA 3.8/4.0 unweighted (B in English for both 9th and 10th grades)
All Honors and AP classes
APs: Physics, Chemistry, Calculus AB and BC, Statistics, Economics, US History, European History
Extracurriculars: Usher at my church for 5 years, Student Government 4 years (class president 9-11, treasurer 12), Journalism (financial column editor), National Honor Society 2 years, California Scholarship Federation 2 years, Science Olympiad 4 years (secretary 12), Future Business Leaders of America 3 years (president 12), Varsity Track and Field 9-11 (state runner up in 100m relays, MVP 9-10)
Summer Programs: attended the Economics for Future Leaders at Yale, and hoping for the Dartmouth Bound summer program this year.

I was given detention my freshman year because my phone went off in class, and on my discipline record it says "student did not follow exam procedures"... im scared this will count as academic dishonesty / ethics code? somebody help me out with what i can do with that.
edited May 2013 in What Are My Chances?
4 replies
Post edited by wealthchaser on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Ivy League Chances.

• rodrigo9rodrigo9 39 replies6 discussions College Search & Selection Champion
    you'll get in anywhere you want dude.. chill
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • wealthchaserwealthchaser 1 replies2 discussions Harvard Champion
    but the discipline thingy... thats what i'm scared of
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • ChicagoPlatypusChicagoPlatypus 3 replies3 discussions Harvard Champion
    I can't give you much solid advice on your chances, but regarding the discipline record, you should definitely talk with your school counselor to find out if your school is going to report it to colleges. If it is, you should have your counselor explain the circumstances in his/her recommendation, because "did not follow exam procedures" sounds a lot worse than what actually happened. If that doesn't work out, you can always just write a quick letter explaining it to the colleges.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • billcshobillcsho 241 replies2 discussions
    Reach for ivies.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share