Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please chance me for UPENN Wharton and NYU Stern! DREAM SCHOOLS!!

rodrigo9rodrigo9 Registered Users Posts: 45 College Search & Selection Champion
edited May 2013 in What Are My Chances?
I am just curious to know what my chances are to be accepted into: UPENN Wharton ED1, and NYU Stern ED2

School: Private School in Princeton, NJ (Hun School) its a pretty well esteemed school i guess
SAT (superscore): 2370 (800 in math, 800 in writing, 770 in critical reading)
i still need to take subject tests
GPA: around a 3.6 to 3.7 (3.8 freshman and junior year.. sophomore year was rough my friend committed suicide, lost my grandfather, and my sister was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.. i dont know how colleges will view this) (everything at my school is unweighted, no weighted gpas.) we are based off of an average system though, so it is a 90 average.
course rigor: AP Calc AB and AP stat as a sophomore. This year as a junior i am taking AP Calc BC and AP Euro. Next year I will be taking AP Spanish, AP Art History, Multi-variable Calculus. I know it isnt like over the top but private schools arent the same as public schools when it comes to the rigor of ap classes. i got a 4 on ap calc ab last yr. my school doesnt offer ap econ but i have taken regular. and honors for my core non ap classes

EC:
-I am an SAT and math tutor
-I have my own non profit organization. i started it by myself. it is a registered company and everything that helps artisans that are in poverty, with this i have tons and tons of community service hours. i go to small villages in different countries to make this possible. (its kind of a big deal i think)
-I have played varsity tennis at my school and was ranked in the top 30 in the state.. i am probably gonna get an award for this year from my coach.
-I played on the atlantic regional cricket team and we place 3rd in nationals. its kinda unique.

i will have strong essays. i have a lot to write about, and i am good writer.

haha this doesnt seem like too much compared to other kids on here.. but yeah that is what i have. im kinda banking on my SAT scores to take me far, and also the fact that i have my own company that helps the community showing my prowess in business

i am also wondering if i am just wasting time in applying ed1 to wharton.. will i probs get rejected? is it better for me to apply ed1 to nyu stern?? i guess what i am asking is will there be a significant difference in my chances of being accepted by stern if i apply ed1 or ed2
Post edited by rodrigo9 on

Replies to: Please chance me for UPENN Wharton and NYU Stern! DREAM SCHOOLS!!