Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I am unsure about changing my major...

justalineinasongjustalineinasong Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello. I am a UCF student and I have just finished my first year. Last year, when I was at my college orientation, I decided to change my major from undecided to English Education. I decided this after taking a few career tests at the orientation. I started doubting this choice at the beginning of my first semester, but I decided to stick with it. I took an Intro to Teaching course in the fall and a Child Development for Educators course this past spring semester. I did not hate these classes and I somewhat enjoyed the service learning aspect of these courses. Also, I did not struggle in these courses at all. However, I have always had this desire to switch majors. Now that I am done with my first two semesters in college, I am feeling really confused. I am pretty much done with all my gen ed requirements since I came into college with AP credit. I just have one gen ed left(statistics), which I am taking in the fall. I have no idea if I want to stay in this major or if I want to get out of it while I still can. I am panicking because I do not have much time. I have looked through the UCF major catalog and the only other major that interests me is Advertising/PR. I absolutely LOVE to write, so I definitely want a career that has to do with writing and English. I like the numerous possibilities that come with this new major and I'd love the opportunity to have a career that will allow me to express my creativity. I would not say that I am passionate about education, which worries me greatly. I just don't want to make the mistake of switching majors only to find out that I would have liked to stay in education. I would appreciate any advice that you could give me. Thank you.