right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Southern Gentlemen - Wow!

mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids 212 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Junior Member
I've been in Atlanta for the past few days, and I've been blown away by the Southern men here.

When I went to put away my grocery cart into the parking lot stall, a man actually came up to me and told me he'd return it for me. lol

Then, at my hotel, it has free hot breakfast every morning. So, when I was carrying my plate and coffee back to my room, I had to go thru the pool area which has a gate. A man actually got up from his table inside the hotel dining area, walked quickly ahead of me, so that he could open the outdoor pool gate because my hands were full.

Then when I got to my bldg (still with full hands), a man ran ahead so he could slide his entry card and hold the door open for me. He actually commented about how he was glad that he was able to there when needed.

I wish I had a hidden camera and could put it on Youtube.

I <3 Southern men.
Oh my.
edited May 2013 in University of Alabama
29 replies
Post edited by mom2collegekids on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Southern Gentlemen - Wow!

• Dad2ILDDad2ILD 8 replies0 discussionsRegistered User New Member
    Perhaps you've been projecting an especially fetching aura lately! :-)
    Roll Tide!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • MikeWozowskiMikeWozowski 15 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Junior Member
    wow! haven't had things like that happen...EVER!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • wvacupuncturewvacupuncture 4 replies0 discussionsRegistered User
    Maybe, they know that you are M2CK...btw, were you wearing a Bama shirt? Or they may be Bama alum!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • Bull87Bull87 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    But did the free hot breakfast include bacon?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Moderator 112 replies6 discussions Super Moderators Junior Member
    I miss southern/Texan men. :(

When I tell people up here that the south is friendlier, they don't agree, ha! Every time I go home to Austin, I discover it's true.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • poetgrlpoetgrl 192 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Junior Member
    Have never once regretted marrying a southern man. (well, maybe once ;) )

I find men in the mountain west to be quite similar.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Moderator 112 replies6 discussions Super Moderators Junior Member
    I married a Yankee from Wisconsin, but he's an exception!

I think the difference between north and south is that STRANGERS are friendlier in the south. Once you get to know Yankees, they're not bad. ;)
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids 212 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Junior Member
    ha ha....no, I wasn't wearing a Bama shirt. Since one guy had a Texas A&M belt on, it's probably a good idea that I wasn't in Bama gear.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • TxNewCollegeMomTxNewCollegeMom 16 replies2 discussionsRegistered User
    Texans are not near as gracious as the deep south. Sadly :(
    I try to be and have taught my girls to help run ahead of moms with full hands,
    pushing baby strollers, elderly, etc to catch the door. I married a Bama Boy so
    it is nice to know that chivalry is still alive and well and that my own girls have seen it and
    will expect it from their mates.

While in T-Town for Preview my own DD saw something and posted on her
    tumblr that she saw a guy stand in the rain an extra 20-30 seconds to
    hold the door open for a girl he did not even know.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • buzymom3buzymom3 7 replies1 discussionsRegistered User New Member
    D loves the manners that Southern boys have. She told us that the only boys that have asked her out on 'dates' are boys from the South. Seems that the boys from the North don't do formal dates. D tried to pay one time, since she felt they were both 'starving' college students and the boy responded that his mom did not raise him that way.

I too feel like the South is much friendlier to strangers. But being a Southside girl from Chicago...I know that we Midwesterner's are very friendly!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • twomuttstwomutts 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User
    Well as a man living in the Atlanta area, I just wanted to say Thanks y'all :)
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids 212 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Junior Member
    I think when we have folks asking about "culture shock" if they go to school in the South, we should refer them to this thread.

No, the culture shock won't be because of nude beaches or outdoor bathrooms, but the manners could be shocking. ;)
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    ^^^ I've heard some from the north think that our friendly attitude to strangers was meddlin in their business or only on the surface. I don't see it that way at all. I'll smile and say hi to strangers as we pass in the grocery store aisle. A little friendly conversation exchange at the checkout line that is all of a few lines being traded back and forth for a minute is just us being friendly and actually recognizing there is someone else in our world and it ain't all about us. I like it that way. We get to know our neighbors, pick up each others mail when they are gone, watch after the place, etc and know when there is something out of place. Just think, if more people knew their neighbors and their family/friends then we would not be seeing news stories about elderly being found in their houses for months while the mail piled up and such. I like my neighbors :)
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • slippy2000slippy2000 3 replies1 discussionsRegistered User New Member
    Southern men are nicer because Southern women are four times as attractive as Northern ones.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    See slipply, there is a reason we love you.
    You know a good woman when you see her.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share