Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will academic dishonesty affect my transfer?

rye131rye131 Registered Users Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in Transfer Students
Hi,
I was just accused and claimed responsible for academic dishonesty. I've learned my mistakes, and I accepted my punishment. It's a year of probation, and of course a mark on my transcript. I can get the mark removed a year from now. But, I'm graduating next May, with hopes to return for two more bachelors degrees, and then to apply to vet school. I was hoping to move states to continue my undergrad education. Does my academic dishonesty affect my chances of moving schools? Or can I just wait to remove the mark, and then apply during the summer? I'd like to return the fall after I graduate.
Thanks for any advice.
Post edited by rye131 on

Replies to: Will academic dishonesty affect my transfer?

• SMRSMRSMRSMR Registered Users Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    I think it will be a red flag for sure, but if it goes away after a year, I think your best bet is to apply after it goes away.

You should anonymously contact schools and ask them.

By the time you apply to vet school it should be gone though so then it shouldn't be a problem.
  • rye131rye131 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    But can I get into the Fall 14 semester after applying during the summer?