right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

For those who took SAT II US History...

AwflapjackzAwflapjackz 14 replies1 discussions College Search & Selection Champion
Will I be okay for 720+ if I know The Essential Content? I feel ready for the AP exam, but I'm nervous for this test. Should I read another source?
5 replies
Post edited by Awflapjackz on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: For those who took SAT II US History...

• AwflapjackzAwflapjackz 14 replies1 discussions College Search & Selection Champion
    Bump... anyone?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • HONORLIONSHONORLIONS 14 replies1 discussions
    When I went through APUSH/USH SAT II, I found remarkable overlap between the two tests' content. If you went through APUSH material in detail (i.e. reading through a textbook) and scoring 70%+ on APUSH multiple choice practice tests, you should be well set for a 720+.

I was a master of APUSH multiple choice questions (routinely scored 90-95% correct on practice MC sections; 5 on the real test). All I did was take a couple practice tests for the SAT II and ended up with a confident 800.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • BCH2014BCH2014 2 replies1 discussions College Search & Selection Champion
    I took the test after only completing the US Honors class at my school, and got a 720... I also did very little prep other than one practice test... Other kids in my class got 780's... It's not too bad..
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • MonicaYoungLOLMonicaYoungLOL 1 replies0 discussions Harvard Champion
    I would definitely say that knowing The Essential Content would definitely prepare you for at least a 720, if not higher. It highlights a lot of the important points. Pay special attention to the Insider Tips because those are super helpful. Overall, it's a really good book and I would say that you would be in really, really good shape if you knew the material within it.

Good luck!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • AwflapjackzAwflapjackz 14 replies1 discussions College Search & Selection Champion
    I've read the book multiple times for the AP exam and found the exam to be fairly easy. I'm just concerned because people have been saying how much more specific the May SAT II USH was more specific than usual...
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share