May 2013 literature

teeli13teeli13 21 replies1 discussionsRegistered User
thread for question pool
34 replies
Post edited by teeli13 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: May 2013 literature

• SpagheteeSpaghetee 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    Was I the only one who thought it was ridiculously hard?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • teeli13teeli13 21 replies1 discussionsRegistered User
    I didn't know what to expect...it was a last-minute decision to take it. Hopefully I don't regret it. I found two of the pieces:

Still Citizen Sparrow by Richard Wilbur |
    Studying English Literature: Analysis of Sir Philip Sidney?s Loving in Truth (Sonnet No. 1 from Astrophil and Stella)

For the one on citizen sparrow it said stanza 4 uses which of the following:
    I don't remember all the choices but along the lines of...
    alliteration and assonance, epic simile, allegory...etc...
    What was the answer for it if you remember?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • needalifeneedalife 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I think people in California have to finish test before we can post. I will post then.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • addyebelladdyebell 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I'm pretty sure it was the alliteration and assonance one (eg dismal and deep, weary it was on the waters where) but that could be wrong. Did anybody else find that each passage at one or two impossible questions?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • lynnalklynnalk 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    In the piece about the guy who had a thing for trees, did he lose his piece of mind or....? Anyone else remember that question?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • needalifeneedalife 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I put peace of mind. And alliteration and assonance although I couldn't remember what assonance was.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • dzzalldaydzzallday 16 replies0 discussionsRegistered User
    I also said he lost his piece of mind - and I said it was alliteration and assonance.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • UnfetteredDreamzUnfetteredDreamz 4 replies0 discussionsRegistered User
    for the tree one, did you guys say that he an a life altering change or something like that?

It was the second question from that passage.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    i put: Assonance and alliteration
    peace of mind
    life changed forever
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    was it compassion or adoration for the poem about the muse?
    and what did the line about the "great with child to speak, and helpless in my throes" ???
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    ^I think I put adoration. That one was definitely difficult. What did you put?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • BillyM123BillyM123 4 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I think I put a creative impasse or something like that but I was really iffy on it.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • marcusgarveymarcusgarvey 4 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    Alright, I honestly thought the poetry was ridiculously difficult. The third one didn't even make any sense to me, and when I printed it out and showed it to my dad (English major) he couldn't even decipher it (Stand, citizen sparrow). Looking at online analyses now and it still seems pretty subjective, and it seems to be debated whether or not the allusion to Noah is just an allusion or whether it means the theme of the poem is religious in nature. What the ****?!

The other ones weren't as outrageous, but were still pretty difficult. I ran out of time, left about 6 blank and was thoroughly uncertain about 20-30 of my answers. I'm in AP English and never considered myself bad at prose/poetry analysis- I thought this was a little over the top. I'm expecting a score in the 500s.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    ^I also left 6-7 blank, and I think I got about 15 wrong. SMDH. That was one of the hardest tests I've ever taken. This curve should be like -10 = 780 lol. Crazy.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    I put adoration

I was between creative impasse and something else...I think naive timidity. Tbh I don't remember which one I put :/
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share