right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

May 2013 literature

Replies to: May 2013 literature

• teeli13teeli13 21 replies1 discussionsRegistered User
    Is anyone considering canceling?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • marcusgarveymarcusgarvey 4 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I'd cancel if I didn't take USH in the same day, and I'm feeling okay about that one, so I don't want to have to retake them both. IIRC, the curves don't vary too much, but it seems like everyone online seems to agree that last one was ridiculous. If you ask me, all the poems were hard. This was the first time I even looked at an SAT lit practice test and if I can get away with it, I'm just not going to take another one lol
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • ellalooellaloo 3 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I thought that the assonance and alliteration one was was allusion and allegory (allusion to Noah's Ark and the whole thing was an allegory), but I can see how alliteration/assonance works. Guess I missed that one :(

I thought the hardest poem was that one with the blue and white bowl. I can't even remember the questions since it fried my brain so badly. And was the poem by the woman accusing husbands about adultery?

Also, Does anybody know how many you could generally get wrong to get a 500+ 600+ 700+ etc?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    I thought that the assonance and alliteration one was was allusion and allegory (allusion to Noah's Ark and the whole thing was an allegory), but I can see how alliteration/assonance works. Guess I missed that one :(

Besides that, I don't really remember much else. I thought that the hardest poem was that one with the blue and white bowl. I can't even remember the questions since it fried my brain so badly. And was the poem by the woman accusing husbands about adultery?

Also, does anybody know how many you could generally get wrong to get a 500+ 600+ 700+ etc

EDIT: Sorry for posting twice. This is my first time doing this from my phone and I'm having some technical difficulties
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    hm I remember completely running out of time and picking alliteration/assonance b/c it was choice A and that was the only one I checked. there was definitely alliteration but not sure about assonance...

oh right the flower and clear bowl. i figured it was about the desire to be perfect, then realization that imperfect is better. i don't really remember any of the questions for that one.

the woman about adultery was from othello! I remember reading it in class last year..hopefully i didn't get any of those wrong. Was "galls" about sentiments/feelings or sexual desires?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • wewillwinwewillwin 1 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    hi,
    do you know what is the general raw score to scaled score conversion on the real sat?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • dzzalldaydzzallday 16 replies0 discussionsRegistered User
    I said gall was something about bravery or standing up - something like that - but looking back now think it should have sexual desires...
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • BillyM123BillyM123 4 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    Gall I put desires, even though it may have seemed a bit redundant.
    What did you guys put for the symbolism of "flawed words and stubborn sounds" question? I chose poetry but it didn't seem quite right.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • dzzalldaydzzallday 16 replies0 discussionsRegistered User
    Do you remember any of the other answers for the flawed words and stubborn sounds question?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • choo14choo14 8 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    For gall, I actually put the choice with ire and annoyance or something like that

For the flawed words and stubborn sounds, I said paradise (I believe the poem itself said something like, we find delight in the imperfection of flawed words and stubborn sounds, and above those last 3 lines it said imperfection is paradise).

I also put alliteration and assonance, but I wasn't sure if the endrhyme counted as assonance....?

Adoration and creative impasse for the poem with the Muse and the lover and whatnot

Edit: @dzzallday, I believe the other choices were like the mind, poetry, paradise... I don't remember the other two sorry ):
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    Hmm. Does anybody know what "The evilly compounded, vital I" means?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • DodgeaWrench5DodgeaWrench5 5 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    @ellaloo
    I had no idea what that statement meant. I omitted that one. If someone remembers the answer choices that would be helpful. This was my first time taking the Literature test and it seemed really difficult. I could not interpet the citizen sparrow poem at all, and the poem about the bowl and flowers was also difficult to interpret. The curve better be generous.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    @choo14: I put that first for gall but changed it to sexual desire b/c I have read that play before and it went better with the general theme, but I'm not too sure. Anyone elses opinions on that one??

I put poetry for "flawed words and stubborn sounds" .... but that was a last-minute scramble/guess. It doesn't really make sense I suppose, but I figured the title of the poem said "Climate of Poetry" or something so not sure..

the "evil compounded, vital I".. I remember the qts but not the answers sorry
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
    who does the sparrow represent in citizen sparrow? it was the first question of that passage
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • DodgeaWrench5DodgeaWrench5 5 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I put sexual desires also.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share