right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Official SAT Online Course: Free Access in certain states

SATQuantumSATQuantum 0 replies1 discussions
I finally got an answer from Collegeboard about the list of states where students who are residents can access the Official SAT Online Course for free. Here is the list of states:
1) Maine
2) Idaho
3) Delaware

Georgia used to participate, but according to Collegeboard it is no longer participating in the program.

The Official SAT Online Course from Collegeboard gives you access to 10 complete online SAT tests and quizzes. This is a valuable tool in addition to the Official SAT Study Guide. I know that in addition to the above states, specific schools around the country also offer these tests for free to the students.

For example, here is a random school district in Virginia that I found on the internet:
Virginia Beach City Public Schools - Virginia Beach Schools Offers Free Online SAT Prep

I don't know what the pattern is as far as individual schools are concerned. You may want to ask your local school counselor. They can give you the access code that allows you to subscribe to the course.

In addition, there are additional programs from Collegeboard that also give students free access to the Online course. For example, in this link it describes free access to all juniors in the district of Palm Beach County.
SAT® School?Day ? The School District of Palm Beach County

My sense is that these types of arrangements are all specific to each local school districts and your best bet is to ask your school. This could save you a little bit of money.

And finally if you don't have free access, you can always pay for it and buy it via Amazon for around $44: The Official SAT Online Course: The College Board: 9781457300011: Amazon.com: Books

Cheers.
edited May 2013 in SAT Preparation
0 replies
· Reply · Share