Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How to study/do well on SAT II World History?

goldlionmgoldlionm Posts: 1 Harvard Champion
I'm currently a sophomore and I've taken world history for two years, and I took my AP exam today in fact. I think I did rather well, and I also self-studied for AP Euro, but I most likely got a 3 because I didn't prepare much, and the multiple choice is very specific.

When I got home from my test today, I decided to look at my college board review book for the world history subject test, and little did I know that it was 95 questions in one hour- I couldn't even finish 70 questions today in 55 minutes (granted, there were several reading passages, but still). Also, I was taking a look at the questions in my booklet and the ones that were considered "easy" were the ones on my WHAP exam- and the SAT goes from easy to hard throughout the questions.

I have about 15 days until my test, June 1st. Do you have any tips as to how I should study? I know most trends throughout world history, but I am also not too great at multiple choice unless I have enough time. Also, some of the questions were really very specific.

Thanks!
Post edited by goldlionm on

Replies to: How to study/do well on SAT II World History?

• STEMftwSTEMftw Posts: 5 Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    from what i know, many of the questions are more specific than the ones on the whap test (so less analyzing) so study names and locations more
    just do a gazillion practice exams