Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

If you take too many practice tests, will you risk "burning out"?

ohsoradohsorad Posts: 1 Harvard Champion
I'll be taking the June SAT, and that's only 2 weeks away. I have been preparing since April, and there has been improvements, but not enough to reach my goal. How many practice test should I take within this span of time? Would 3 practice tests in a week plus review be too much and would that burn me out? Please advice. Thank you!

(Edit) Also, is improvement in two weeks possible?
Post edited by ohsorad on

Replies to: If you take too many practice tests, will you risk "burning out"?

• ViewerViewer Posts: 6 College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    No, the more the better. Seriously, do them in sections. Do two or three sections a day. My three kids had great success with that technique.
  • billcshobillcsho Posts: 243
    edited May 2013
    It would be too much if you do 3 full test in one day. My D did 20-30 practice test in 6 months. ;-)
  • glidoglido Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    No - just grind away. The more the merrier. You will pick up all the patterns and smoke the real thing. Best of luck!
  • harasNNharasNN Posts: 30 College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    I've literally done like 40...it's more fun than regular school work. Not saying it's fun but, you won't burn out with three.
  • JasperTraumJasperTraum Posts: 2 Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    I think...1 full-length test per day is ok. And I am quiet sure there is no such a risk. Honestly, ETS gets a little lazier now and the SAT, in fact, can be improved by a huge amount of practice, especially in the writing section. And if you deem it is too much, maybe you can just write essays twice or three times a week.
    And, I really do not recommend any preparation materials except the real test and the official guide. There are about 20 real tests available given by CB after 2005.3, I think it's a good way to finish all the 20 tests in the following day...but if you still wanna take the test in Oct or Nov, you can simply take half of them before 5.30