Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How'd you prepare for YOUR SATs?

MathTeamExtraProMathTeamExtraPro Registered Users Posts: 31 College Search & Selection Champion
I'm having a little trouble preparing. Every time I open up that blue collegeboard book or barrons SAT review book, I immediately fall asleap. I try to prep myself and teach myself CR techniques but I just loose focus and 10 minutes later I'll be on my computer on CC looking at forums again... or just doing some unproductive stuff....

Can I please have some tips from you guys? yes you reading this post. How did you force yourself to like the way you prepared and sticked to it? I clearly cannot understand how people can stick to their desks with books for 8 hours a day when I can't even concentrate on CR SAT studying for 8 minutes. (btw CR is my worst section in the SAT, I have a 450 in CR but still a freshmen. I need to definitely improve)
Post edited by MathTeamExtraPro on

Replies to: How'd you prepare for YOUR SATs?

• glidoglido Registered Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    You don't have to do it 8 hours a day. if all you can do for now is one section at a time (CB Blue Book) - then just do that. Do a section and take a break. Repeat.

Keep track of your scores and try to get better. Compete with yourself.

The key is to circle the ones you get incorrect, look up the answers and go back to them later.

Eventually, you will only be doing questions that you had gotten incorrect earlier. Before you know it, you will be rockin' it.

Best of luck.
  • sg12909sg12909 Registered Users Posts: 21 College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    Break it up. Example:
    1. One CR passage + questions
    2. 10 minutes of cat videos on Youtube
    3. Grade and review what you missed
    4. Surf CC for 10 minutes
    5. Etc.
  • Transfer2017Transfer2017 Registered Users Posts: 14 Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    Blue book.
  • MathTeamExtraProMathTeamExtraPro Registered Users Posts: 31 College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    very helpful transfer... very helpful.. -.-
  • sg12909sg12909 Registered Users Posts: 21 College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    Transfer is still right, though. The blue book has the best passages and questions.