Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do ACT scores count for 8th graders? ASAP please

SwimmerkidSwimmerkid Posts: 2Registered Users Harvard Champion
I know that SAT scores for 8th graders are wiped if we don't want to keep them, but does the same apply to the ACT? Thanks!!
Post edited by Swimmerkid on

Replies to: Do ACT scores count for 8th graders? ASAP please

• MaynardGKrebsMaynardGKrebs Posts: 5Registered Users Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    Dude, get a hobby and stop taking ACTs in 8th grade. You'll have a heart attack before you get out of HS.
  • mitchklongmitchklong Posts: 4Registered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    ...or put another way there isnt much point to it. Statistically the older you are, the better your score, so why bother spending money to take a test that young ?
  • billcshobillcsho Posts: 243Registered Users
    edited May 2013
    I guess you take the ACT in middle school for the talent program. I think any score before 9th grade would not be counted for college application.
  • SwimmerkidSwimmerkid Posts: 2Registered Users Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    lol i'm not taking it, it's for my brother. it's so he can see what it's like before the scores actually count.
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you get a practice test for him to do with timed? There is no need to spend the money.
  • glidoglido Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited May 2013
    The 8th grade score won't count. Taking a practice test in a simulated test environment should suffice, but maybe he should be doing some fun 8th-grade-kid stuff while he can. :)
    edited May 2013
    Kaplan and PR offer free practice test in the beginning of summer. It is like a real test and they give you details score report.
  • sg12909sg12909 Posts: 21Registered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    I took it in 6th, 7th, and 8th, and they're still on my online account. So no, they stay. But honestly, colleges don't care what you got in middle school.
  • sg12909sg12909 Posts: 21Registered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    Also- why is everyone complaining about an 8th grader taking the ACT? Speaking as one myself, it's only a bad thing if the subject's parents are forcing him/her to.
    edited May 2013
    I would rather laugh at those junior student not even taking one test (ACT or SAT) by now. There are many reasons for a middle schooler taking ACT.
  • OboefreakOboefreak Posts: 14Registered Users Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    Brooooo you choose which ACT scorers you wish to send to colleges. That's why these kinds of tests are so easy, you can try a thousand times if you wish..
  • PsychoDad10PsychoDad10 Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited May 2013
    @Oboefreak- I believe that the ACT limits one to 12 tests in their lifetime. I could be wrong, but I thought I remember reading this when my son took his ACT's.