right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Raise my chem SAT score by 100 points

lightning17lightning17 2 replies1 discussions Forum Champion
Hey there! I have 3 weeks left until the chem sat subject test. I took a practice test and received a 620 (Barrons). I wanted advice on how I can raise my score by 100 points in this much time. I want a 720+. I made flashcards and i'm going to review those. I'll also be taking a lot of practice tests. What else can I do?
6 replies
Post edited by lightning17 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Raise my chem SAT score by 100 points

• harasNNharasNN 27 replies3 discussions
    ***No one give him any info; I need a good curve***

Just kidding. The Barrons books are commonly way harder than the actual tests. My AP lit barrons book was ridiculous, and I couldn't understand one practice passage. Another friend had the AP chem barrons book and said he couldn't do one multiple choice it was so hard.
    So your 620 might not be the best indicator.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • 2prepMom2prepMom 19 replies0 discussions New Member
    Work on the SAT website practice questions, and consider getting the SAT subject test review book. The SAT is giving you those materials as direct advice on what to study.

Next, work on timing. The test has a serious time pressure, and no calculator. You will need to change concentrations on the fly, and there are tricks to learn. Take lots of practice tests to get FAST. Most common problem is not finishing because got tied up doing long calculations, because did not see the easy way through the questions.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • billcshobillcsho 241 replies2 discussions Junior Member
    I told my daughter to prep with Barrons, but also try Kaplan and other practice tests.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • lightning17lightning17 2 replies1 discussions Forum Champion
    Thank you so much for the advice! This really helps :)

What would be considered a good score?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • billcshobillcsho 241 replies2 discussions Junior Member
    750+ for top schools, 700+ for good schools. The average score is around 650.
    Good Chemistry SAT Subject Test Score - What's a Good Chemistry SAT Subject Test Score
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • lightning17lightning17 2 replies1 discussions Forum Champion
    Thanks! I took a practice test today and got a 650 (Barrons) :) Do you personally feel I'd have a chance of getting a 750+ in a matter of 3 weeks?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share