Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

i'm on a academic suspension, need someone to read my letter of appeal for me. help

Luv4ChocoLuv4Choco Registered Users Posts: 13 Harvard Champion
edited May 2013 in Parents Forum
i'm on an academic suspension from school.
i need to send the letter of appeal by friday, and was wondering if anyone is willing to read my letter of appeal and give me feedback/advice.
i'm in desperate and urgent need of help. i feel like this is end of the world and want to commit suicide.
please help and any advice will be appreciated. i will send it via private message.

thanks so much in advance.
Post edited by Luv4Choco on

Replies to: i'm on a academic suspension, need someone to read my letter of appeal for me. help

• sally305sally305 Registered Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I will. Just PM me.
  • Luv4ChocoLuv4Choco Registered Users Posts: 13 Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    Can you PM me instead? For some reason it's saying that since I'm a new member I'm not allowed to send messages until someone messages me first
  • ProudpatriotProudpatriot Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    Please do not commit suicide. Please. This is a disappointment but it is not worth ending you life over it.
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 Registered Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    I wish you'd call a suicide hot line! You can always turn it around academically (I promise I know this to be true), but right now we need you to be safe. Please take care of yourself.
  • calla1calla1 Registered Users Posts: 27
    edited May 2013
    Would you be able to talk to your parents about how you feel? As a parent, I'd much rather hear that my child is on suspension than find out they committed suicide because they were afraid to tell me about academic difficulties.

Please do talk to somebody. This has happened to many MANY students who have gone on to have fine lives.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all of the advice. I do think I could possibly win my appeal because of a situation this semester. I'm the first one to go to college in my family, and education is something that has always been stressed ever since I was little. So much pressure. I just don't know what to do.
  • crizellocrizello Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    It can seem so overwhelming right now. I urge you to find someone that you can trust that you can talk to. Don't carry this alone. You aren't the first person to ever go through this.
  • ariesathenaariesathena Registered Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Please feel free to PM me with the letter.

Also, PLEASE understand that your family would rather have you with this temporary setback than not have you at all.

Also, you're young - really young. It's impossible to see it at your age, but this is such a minor thing in the overall scheme of your life. If you pick yourself up and do better in subsequent semesters, you can have a great life - and a great academic career. (I know a physician who was on academic probation 'back in the day', then was at the top of his med school class. And he's a doctor right now - not someone who is forever 'that kid on academic probation'.)

Parents really do want kids to be responsible, so they teach them that grades are important, handing in homework is important, maintaining a clean record is important, etc. The downside is that grades, school, homework, tests, etc. can seem like this really big deal; if you screw it up, your life is completely over and it's the worst thing ever. Except it's not - unless you contract a deadly disease, get pregnant, or get a girl pregnant, any version of "screwing up your life" while in college is total amateur hour: you can't begin to really screw up your life until after graduation.

I am not belittling your stress, but am attempting to give you some perspective. Yes, your family will be disappointed; yes, they will yell at you. But it's over by the time the next semester rolls around - we're not talking divorce, bankruptcy, jail time, a brain that is permanently damaged from drug use, AIDS, or having children with a whack job. THOSE things are screwing up your life in a fairly permanent way. Please do not think that your life is not worth living - that it's not worth sticking around for the next sixty years - because of what is happening now.
  • ProudpatriotProudpatriot Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    Check in with us this morning. Are you feeling better? PM me the letter. I will read it. I want to know that you are ok today.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you all for wanting to help me get through this tough situation..