Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

McGill Reconsideration Help!

jonnywhyjonnywhy Posts: 2 Harvard Champion
edited May 2013 in McGill University
I was denied from McGill Desautels for not having a high enough average, although I do meet the admission average now. However, now I have to apply for reconsideration and apparently only 1% of people in the past 3 years have gotten accepted through this process. Do you think, by meeting the requirement, including a letter about my many leadership and extracurricular activities, and 2 support letters from my principal and my IB coordinator would help me in my efforts? Desautel's is my dream school and I really want to go there!

I also have been in contact with the managing director of Desautel's Institute of Integrated Management, about a new program that they're trying to introduce. I have stated my interest in the program and will also talk about my interest in the reconsideration letter, stating that I have been in contact with the director.

Finally, do you know anyone who has been reconsidered and accepted at McGill? Any help would be awesome!