Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

LSAT Logistics

chichinycchichinyc Posts: 3 Harvard Champion
edited May 2013 in LSAT Prep
I just finished my sophomore year, and I plan to attend law school directly from college. From what I've researched, I should be taking the LSAT next June or in the Fall of my senior year. When do you guys recommend studying for it, though? I have the next few months of Summer free, but is that too early to begin studying? I know I will be extremely busy during the school year, so I don't know how much I'm going to be able to study then. For students who went straight from undergrad to law school, what was your timeline/study schedule like?
Post edited by chichinyc on

Replies to: LSAT Logistics

• Demosthenes49Demosthenes49 Posts: 13 College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    Why do you plan to go straight through instead of getting a year or two of work experience?
  • chichinycchichinyc Posts: 3 Harvard Champion
    edited May 2013
    I don't think that I will end up going back to school if I take time off.
  • Demosthenes49Demosthenes49 Posts: 13 College Search & Selection Champion
    edited May 2013
    That may well be for the best. If you go to work and like it, why would you want to go to law school? If you go work and find you still want to be a lawyer, you'll have some cash to pay tuition, have a stronger resume for the job search, and be better prepared for the workload of law school. Most everyone I know who did so is glad they didn't go K-JD; I'm certainly glad I took some time off to work.