right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Sales/Marketing Internship Interview

tanasapranotanasaprano 0 replies1 discussions Forum Champion
I recently went through two interviews and completed a take-home compatibility test for a paid summer internship. The first interview, with the owner/president, went extremely well. He then brought in the HR VP to continue the interview. I left with a take-home test to complete and return, which I did (the interview was on a Friday, and I scanned the completed test in to my computer and sent them as PDFs Sunday night). On Monday, I received an e-mail thanking me for quickly returning the test. On Friday, I was called to for a second interview on Monday. Monday’s interview went extremely well. I spent time with the department head and his employee, the owner/president and the VP of HR. The owner/president told me I had absolutely crushed the test, which they have very strong belief in as an indicator, and that I was not only someone they would like to hire, but also a strong candidate with the potential to promote. The VP of HR then said that they would like to hire me and she would have an offer to me soon, as well as explaining the process of background check and signing non-compete agreements, etc. At this point, all indications pointed to having secured the position. At home, I sent a thank-you to HR as well as the department head. The department head and his underling also e-mailed me with more information about the position and asked for clarification about my current schedule (currently I am in school two days a week until finals next week. They implied interest in starting me part-time until the end of the semester, going full-time through the summer and part-time when I resume class in the fall). Those conversations (via e-mail) occurred within a day or two of the second interview. The rest of the week came and went, hearing nothing. Monday, after having had a full week had pass since the second interview, I began to get anxious. I began doing research on the internet, asking family, friends and professors when I should follow up. Everyone’s advice was different, ranging from a few days after the interview to over two weeks, as well as the method of following up (e-mail/telephone, HR or Department head). Eventually I e-mailed HR asking for a status update and restating my interest. It is now Friday, 9 business days after the second interview, and I have heard nothing.

I am wondering what to do. Should I call? If they have decided not to hire me, what is the likelihood of them notifying me. This is definitely a potential possibility, because I have been convicted of a DUI and driving on a suspended license, even though that is not relevant to the position and I was not asked to disclose the information at any point. If that is the case, I can understand that, and even if they do not cite that as a reason for passing on me, I would like to know if I am still in consideration or not.
1 replies
Post edited by tanasaprano on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Sales/Marketing Internship Interview