Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why do teachers...

TeenDreamTeenDream 12 replies5 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
-Punish you when they lose hw assignments
-Assign hw/projects then save have a nice break
-Cram every single assignment at the end of the year creating a never ending vortex of stress that'll take weeks to recover from
edited May 2013 in High School Life
16 replies
Post edited by TeenDream on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Why do teachers...

• Secoja8Secoja8 79 replies7 discussionsRegistered Users Harvard Champion
    -Give a rubric the day before projects are due
    -Punish the whole class for one person's misbehavior
    -Not use Google Chrome
    -Not actually help raise a B+ to an A (even though they say they will)
    -Teach really slowly then get really fast when the year's about to end
    -Not know their subject
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • kimm1234kimm1234 7 replies1 discussionsRegistered Users Harvard Champion
    -Lose your papers and then mark them as a 0 in the grade book even though it's their fault. Urgh.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • testobsessedtestobsessed 8 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    -Tell you the test will be on X and then only ask questions on Y.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • superstarlalasuperstarlala 10 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    -tell you that you wrote a good essay but only give you a C
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • elf4EVAelf4EVA 7 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    -call you out when you're not paying attention but not disturbing the class either
    -devote an entire class period ranting about how the school doesn't give them enough days to teach all the material (true story)
    -not know what they're talking about
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • superstarlalasuperstarlala 10 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    -not teach
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • PrepQWillPrepQWill 5 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    - put up with students who aren't grateful for the opportunity
    - pick favorites
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • halcyonheatherhalcyonheather 89 replies3 discussionsRegistered Users
    - Take off points for stupid reasons like "your writing was too small."
    - Make us memorize formulas and take off points for not using them on tests even though the problem can easily be solved without a formula (i.e. percent = part/whole type formulas).
    - Make everyone uncomfortable by ranting about how they don't like being a teacher.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • metsfanAJMmetsfanAJM 20 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    -return assignments three months after they were turned in, if at all
    -yell at you when you try to ask a question
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • halcyonheatherhalcyonheather 89 replies3 discussionsRegistered Users
    - Hand back tests so you can see your grade and then make you give them back so they can keep them forever. (It doesn't really bother me but I don't understand it.)
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • tylerbingtylerbing 51 replies13 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    Cut you off when u are trying to explain
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • metsfanAJMmetsfanAJM 20 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    -Complain about the amount of work they have to grade (Hey, at least you're not the one who actually has to do your stupid assignments).

-Never respond to e-mails
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • tosinwasheretosinwashere 8 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users Harvard Champion
    - get mad when you don't answer a question exactly as they did. (eg writing -b + a instead of a-b)
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • TeenDreamTeenDream 12 replies5 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    I have to stay up to finish my ap teachers 31 pages of notes, finish english proj which i had 2 days to work on, and prepare for my ap test.

#allnighter
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • BearlolxBearlolx 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered Users College Search & Selection Champion
    american education system
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share