right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Quick Question Regarding Summer Term

RobbehRobbeh 1 replies1 discussions
I am currently enrolled for the Summer A term. I will be taking Calculus II and Chem I/Lab, for a total of 8 credit hours. Am I expected to be enrolled in a minimum number of credit hours, or is 8 fine? I really don't want to have too much on plate, and would like to just be able to relax and focus solely on these two courses, especially Calc.

Thanks very much.
edited May 2013 in Florida State University
3 replies
Post edited by Robbeh on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Quick Question Regarding Summer Term

• PasbalPasbal 5 replies1 discussions Junior Member
    When did you start at FSU?

I believe that if it was Fall 2011 or later, you are required to take 9 credit hours of classes during the summer (AP/etc credits no longer count towards those 9).

I'm pretty sure that 6 credit hours during the summer is considered full-time, so 8 would be fine. The only thing I would say was that if you have to do 9 credit hours, you might as well try to add an easy class that won't take much work to your schedule (something Humanities, would be my recommendation).
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • RobbehRobbeh 1 replies1 discussions
    Thanks, Pasbal. I will more than likely be taking summer classes in the future, as well, so I am not too concerned with fulfilling that requirement.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • PasbalPasbal 5 replies1 discussions Junior Member
    Just keep in mind when registering that 6 credit hours is the minimum I believe to get any financial aid. Aside from that, if you're going to take classes most summers and end up totaling 9 or more, you're good. :)
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share