Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Award Letter Only List TAP Grant

atomic84atomic84 Registered Users Posts: 1 Harvard Champion
Hello,

I am attending community college this up coming fall. I applied for FAFSA and TAP in January and submitted all the required documents to the college in April. I received an award letter that only list TAP and nothing else, no Pell or loan information (I have already completed the Loan Entrance Counseling tutorial).

Is this normal to receive an incomplete award letter? Are the two grants Pell and Tap processed differently by the college? Does anyone have any experience on receiving Tap but not Pell?

I have gone to the financial aid office three times this month and they have told me the same thing, they have received all of my information and there isn't a problem, that they have no started processing financial aid for the fall, and if there is a problem they will contact me. I could be getting worried over nothing but I don't want to wait till the last minute to find out that there might be a problem and miss out on financial aid like SEOG or have a problem paying for my books.

Should the SAR say you 'ARE' eligible? Mine just says may could that be the problem?

Based on your EFC of 00000, you may be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant of up to $5,645 for the 2013-2014 school year provided you have not met or
exceeded the lifetime limit established for the Federal Pell Grant program.

Any help, suggestions or advice to calm me down would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by atomic84 on

Replies to: Award Letter Only List TAP Grant

• 4kidsdad4kidsdad Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have any experience on receiving Tap but not Pell?
    No. My kids always receive Pell first and TAP later.