right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What would be best track to take for me?

mkgogginsmkgoggins 19 replies5 discussions Forum Champion
I live in East shore of Maryland, I go to wor-wic community college and have completed 30 credits in a Gen. Studes AA degree track.Title sums it up.

I woud like to go out of state for undergrad, but knowing how much the financial aid offices favor keeping in state residents in state for their education, I would be open to staying in state.UMD College Park would be where I would like to transfer if I have to stay in state for financial reasons. I was wondering if i should go for the UMD Honors Program and get a B.A in Philosophy, or go for their more highly ranked (its #1 in nation according to usnews rankings) Criminology program? My goal is to go to law school and become an attorney (not sure specialization yet, but if criminology tract is chosen, probably a criminal defense att'y or prosecutor. Any feedback would be great.

Ps.- I was thinking of also doing a pre-med track in preperation for some type of health-care related law field. Would likely get a degree in pre-med from UMD-CP or Johns Hopkins.

What do you all think is best tract to take for my goal of going to Top Tier Law school such as Yale/Harvard/UCBerkely/etc....
edited May 2013 in College Admissions
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What would be best track to take for me?

• mkgogginsmkgoggins 19 replies5 discussions Forum Champion
    btw, my GPA so far is 3.893 and I take honors courses and have only gotten 1 B (a 89% in Health class) and am a member of Phi Theta Kappa and the Honors program designation. Plan on being the SGA and PTK presidents in Fall. Also starting a soup kitchen in a local resort town stricken with homelessness. these are just some of my stats and goals. I also have gotten a 170 on a practice Lsat test and my range is 164-173 on these LSATS ive found on some sites that have old tests.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share