right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Will employers ask for all transcripts/GPA?

Bynumite17Bynumite17 0 replies1 discussions
So, I attended a 4 year my first semester and made a miserable 1.9 GPA. Moved on to a CC for 3 semesters and made like a 3.4 GPA. Now I am transferring to a different 4 year school again and majoring in accounting. My GPA and transcript that the current 4 year has on record are different than if you actually combined all my GPA/courses...meaning the courses they didn't take are not on their transcript and thus has helped my GPA.

When you apply for an employer (Accounting), will they ask for all transcripts and cumulative GPA? Or will they just ask for what my graduating school has on record?

Thanks
edited May 2013 in Business Major
6 replies
Post edited by Bynumite17 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will employers ask for all transcripts/GPA?

• voyager24voyager24 3 replies0 discussions Forum Champion
    I am fairly sure that only the school you are graduating from will be considered by employers .
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • cbreezecbreeze 31 replies2 discussions Junior Member
    Some employers will ask for transcripts of ALL schools that you attended.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • voyager24voyager24 3 replies0 discussions Forum Champion
    My bet is that a very small percentage would ask for all schools attended.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • cbreezecbreeze 31 replies2 discussions Junior Member
    ^^^If an employer is going to ask, they will ask for ALL transcripts. Have you sought FT employment yet?
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • emprexemprex 6 replies1 discussions New Member
    They can definitely ask.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • BusyMeiBusyMei 5 replies0 discussions New Member
    I am a CC transfer from many years ago so it might be different now. I only provided the GPA and transcript of my graduating college. No one asked about CC.

My son took a couple classes at CC in the summer. The CC classes show up on his college transcript for credit only without grades. He got several job offers this summer and I don't think anyone asked about those CC classes.

You can start by providing everything from your graduating college. Provide the rest only upon request.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share