right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Bates College Waitlist Class of 2017?

WelkerFanWelkerFan 2 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else accepted a place on the waitlist for this year and if they have heard back from Bates yet. I was reading things from the past couple years and it seems like most kids got calls between May 4 and May 11, so that means this week they should start pulling people!

I was kind of surprised I got waitlisted, but here are my stats:
Top 5% of my class with a 4.2 GPA. I've taken almost every honors class my school has to offer and also took AP Anatomy and Physiology at a local community college.
Honors/Awards: National Honor Society, New Hampshire State Scholar, Spelling Bee Champion, Scholastic Gold Key Art Award Winner, St. Paul's School Advanced Studies Program, Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Conference, Excellence in Leadership Award, Student of the Month
I was the manager of the varsity soccer team, school board representative of the student council, president of the prom committee and editor of the yearbook committee. I've also held a steady job for the past 4 years and work 25-30 hours a week on top of school and on weekends.
My interview went very well and my recommendations were (in theory) good, too.

What do you think my chances are in getting off the waitlist? Bates is my top choice school, I really hope I get in! Also, everyone else should post what their stats are and when/if they get the call from Bates!
edited May 2013 in Bates College
6 replies
Post edited by WelkerFan on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Bates College Waitlist Class of 2017?

• KazHiguainKazHiguain 14 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I haven't heard from them yet :/
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • 145bluz145bluz 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User
    Not sure if you looked at the CDS from last year but 326 accepted a waitlist spot and Bates accepted 72 of them. Best of luck!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • cryhay77cryhay77 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    Hi, I was also wait listed. I love Bates so much!!! I have not heard anything back yet, but I am praying that I get some good news from them soon!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • ali3n07ali3n07 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    im an intl student and i was also waitlisted. Fingercrossed!!
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • cryhay77cryhay77 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    Any news??
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • WelkerFanWelkerFan 2 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Forum Champion
    I haven't heard anything :/ although i did email them, and they responded "We are currently going to the wait list in very small numbers, and if we are able to offer you admission, a Bates admission counselor will contact you by phone. We will make every effort to update all students on our wait list by June 1. However, July 1 is our final notification date."
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share