right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

D3 basketball...is CC the place?

3xboys3xboys 1 replies1 discussions New Member
Hi all:
When my sons were being recruited (crew) I found CC an invaluable source of information. I have a friend whose HS Sophomore son's club basketball coach is already getting calls from college coaches about him. He is probably Ivy D1 material but not Final Four D1 material. Should I send the parents here to CC or is there a site that parents use for recruiting info dedicated to basketball? A quick search here didn't really pull up tons of info on basketball and I know the recruitment process for it will be substantially different than it was for crew!
TIA for any help..
edited May 2013 in Athletic Recruits
2 replies
Post edited by 3xboys on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: D3 basketball...is CC the place?

• schoolhouseschoolhouse 4 replies0 discussions
    Basketball is a very different beast than most of the sports recruit information that people seek on CC.....Basketball at all levels AAU & high school in particular come with attachments (i.e coaches looking for jobs/scout opportunities at the next level/players just looking for a break at D1/D2/D3 & NJcAA or NAIA) and it's competitive. Because, basketball is a revenue sport the academia to talent scale is skewed---especially for NCAA Ivies after this past years NCAA & Jermy Lin,,,so the student athlete that plays basketball might be pushed aside for the basketball player that is a good student even at an Ivy. Anyway, CC seems to be more for those non-revenue sports where the discussion is based on whether an athlete can get admitted to a program versus Revenue sports where talent is paramount. If he has the talent and is seen by the right eyes and just happens to be a good student than it's a chance,,,,does his current coach have an juice(i.e. was he a player/has he sent players to schools where they turned into something,,,basically does he have an street cred for identifying talent)

I used this resource for my daughter who fences, but she was a former national champion and because of that she had her choice, I also have a son who is playing basketball in high school/AAU and he already has high ACT's, but his recruit path is through my network of personal friends/former teammates etc....that give me different access,,,,,,which is why the street cred network is so valuable, because it grants access like my daughter had with college coaches directly.
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share
  • 3xboys3xboys 1 replies1 discussions New Member
    Thanks schoolhouse. My instinct told me that CC is not really the place for them to find out info about showcases/official visits/strategy etc.

Are there any CC-like sites that focus on basketball or perhapsany reputable recruiting services for basketball? The student in question is a good but not great student and does not need money...
    edited May 2013
    · Reply · Share